14 June 2007

Movie: Bridge to Terabithia

Just came back from watching Bridge to Terabithia.

While it is well done, I will say that the previews are misleading about what happens in the plot.

It is a Disney
family movie in every sense of the word.

I read the book back in primary school and I remember quite enjoying it.

It could have ended a completely different way in the same vein as another movie :cough: Monster's Inc :end cough:, but it didn't. Which did surprise me a little as it would have been so tempting and easy to do. Especially given Hollywood's inclination produce family movies that are so heart-warming that something inside me haemorrhages.

A few of the characters are a little too stereotypical: Jess's sisters for instance, and some of the other children at school.

On the whole it's worth seeing, but maybe on dvd.

- Grover


Days to go...
Currently Reading: Heretics of Dune
Mood: Normal

No comments: