17 July 2008

Sooo, fitness drive?

Yes, yes, get ready for another spate of sporadic posts...

In line with recognition that my weight is creeping up towards 100Kg again. I am having to think about doing something about.

I was a part of the goNT drive program which lasted for 8 weeks (and ended about two weeks ago). Although some of the exercises were hard to get to (start times were at 5pm), as well as some of them being unsuitable for me (one class, called "Body Attack" turned out to be too much for some of my joints to handle). As well as getting really busy working my second job trying to save some money for the New Zealand trip, that the last 3 weeks sort of fell into a big steaming pile of the mush.

But I am eating better, flatmate cooks a mean veggie soup which we use as a simple meal; usually as a small dinner.

Found a exercise program that should enable you to do 100 push ups in 6 weeks. Linky here. It seems rather straight forward, and would tie in rather well as I have 6 WEEKS UNTIL I LEAVE FOR NEW ZEALAND!!

If I tie in some regular long walks, less coke, some crunches, squats and lunges I might be in a better place by the time we are due to go skiing. As well as fitting into all the medium Threadless T's I now own...

And speaking of NZ, we have paid for Airfares, accommodation, car hire and ferry transfer through a travel agent. We will try to get the activites/tours we want to go on squared away by end of July. We'll see how we will go with that...


I am also going to visit Mum and Dad in Queensland before heading back to Darwin. Go out to the Reef, that sort of thing...

Need to buy some good cold weather stuff for NZ as the top average temperature we can expect will be around 11ÂșC... Brr that's cold for this tropical boy.

More to follow...

- Grover
Currently Reading: The Lies of Locke Lamora.

No comments: