11 November 2007

Haloz

Hi All.

Yes, I'm a bit behind the times but finished Halo 3 last night.

First thought was that it was a bit short and a bit too easy. In the first halo, it took me a while to complete it even while on Normal. But that maybe just because I'm a lot better at it than I was when I played the first game. But Halo 2 wasn't easy on normal so go figure. Good to see the Brutes were toned down a tad. They were a f*cking pain in the arse in H2. Also just realising it now, I didn't find 1 plasma beam rifle. Maybe the Halo gods heard our prayers for a change (no jackals with plasma rifles or at least not as many).

Story wise 1 & 2 were more cohesive. 3 seems to lose it self a bit. But I do miss having to kill the elites. But I suppose the new and improved flood made up for it.

The spider flood looked to be a late addition. Their movement looked out of place with the rest of the flood characters. I found it interesting how the take over of human npc took about 5 seconds. When I first had one left he got an infection form, I just assumed that he would die, so wasn't really paying much attention to him. Then I noticed a flood combat form coming at me. So have to watch out for that. Also that previously "killed" flood can be reanimated if a new infection form attaches itself to the killed form. Very sneaky. I kept wondering why I was getting more flood attacking me from behind until I saw what would happen. Then it was "Right! No more ignoring the infection forms, try to kill as many as possible with the least amount of ammo."

Grunts are still fun. Fun to kill, fun to bash while asleep. All the comments they make.

The assault rifle is back!!! Happy happy joy joy. The flame thrower is cool how it doesn't force you to drop a weapon for it.

Does the rocket launcher still track enemy targets? Don't know, didn't use one rocket in the whole game.

The destruction of the covenant ships reactors was pathetically easy. Might as well had a touch panel that said "To Destroy Ship - Press Here".

I'm wondering how much harder the game is in Heroic and Legendary. Does the difficulty increase exponentially? Time will tell.

Currently Reading: Cavern of Black Ice

Mood: Normal

No comments: