11 November 2007

After The Holiday and Stuff

Hi All.

I thought I would start posting again because I thought I may as well continue blogging.

Okay the rest of my holiday was spent with my parents in the tablelands inland from Cairns. Very pretty area. Where as most of Queensland is in drought, most of the Cairns area is still green. It was just coming off winter so it was quite cool. Days were around 18°C with nights dropping down to 5°C. It's lucky that I really enjoy cold weather ^.^

Visiting Mum and Dad was great. Helped them pack up the house (they have decided to sell and move down the coast a bit). They still had a shipping container, so we put everything into boxes and packed it all in to there. Dad and I ended up moving about 5 Tonne of stuff!

So have come back to Darwin at the start of the buildup. Or to the uninitiated, an increase in humidity and temperature, but no relief of rain for a couple of months. We get days of humidity of around 90% with temperatures of 32-35°C. We won't get any serious rain until well into December. Although we have been getting some fairly impressive isolated showers of late. But they are more trouble than they are worth. Because it doesn't rain enough to lower the temperature so we get insta-sweat-bath.

Oh! We ended up with 20 gigs of photos between us. When I work out how to post them you'll be able to see them.

Highlights of Japan:

1 Atomic Dome in Hiroshima (was really cool had the lunar eclipse over the top of it)
2 Climbing Fuji-san
3 Ladies in Kimonos
4 Getting my photo with Naruto (yes, a sad fan boy I am ^.^)
5 The shrines and temples in Kyoto (the Gold and Silver temples and the Water temple in particular)
6 Shinkansens!

Downlights of Japan:

1 Climbing down Fuji-san (really really unpleasant).
2 It's okay to smoke in restaurants
3 More remote places don't bother with romanji for train station names. Sometimes they even do away with hiragana too!

I've got more to post but this is turning into a big post so I'll leave it for now.

Currently Reading: Cavern of Black Ice

Mood: Normal

No comments: